TIKK PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
This policy was last updated on 9th May 2017.
It is really important that you check and read this privacy and cookies policy (Policy) carefully before using and booking tickets through this website or the Tikk app. You should also check and read the Tikk Consumer Terms & Conditions which also apply when you use and book tickets using the Tikk app.
Who we are and how to contact us
This website is owned and operated by Tikk Limited (Tikk/we/us/our). Tikk is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 9343621. Our registered office address is 39 Langton Road, Bristol BS4 4ER, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 260 3795 01.
We are registered as a ‘data controller’ with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA250400.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Our (true) commitment to privacy
When we say we are committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information, we truly mean it. We make money by charging people and organisations such as organisers, performers, producers, promoters and venues (Organisers) for listing their events and for tickets sold through our website or the Tikk app. We do not make any money by selling or commercially exploiting personally identifiable information – and we promise that we never will. If we think that any of the data we have collected would be of interest to another organisation, we may share it with them – but only once it has been anonymised in accordance with regulatory guidelines so that it cannot identify you personally.
Changes to this Policy
If we need to make any changes to this Policy or do anything else that involves your personal information, we will notify you in advance by email, explain why and set out your options in advance.
The personal information we may hold about you
We aim to keep the amount of personal information that you have to give to us and that we collect about you to a minimum.
Personal information provided by you
· Your name, email address and date of birth (when you register for an account)
· Your mobile phone number and password (when you register for an account and each time you log into your account)
· The name(s) of any other person(s) attending an event you have booked and their date(s) of birth
· Your payment card details (though we do not hold these details – see below)
· If you complete one of our voluntary surveys, the answers or responses that you give
· Any correspondence between you and us via the Tikk app or by email
Information collected by us
· Details of the event(s) for which you have booked a ticket(s)
· Details of how you use our website and Tikk app, for example, events you look at and things you searched for
· The type and mobile operating system of the device used to install the Tikk app
· Technical information about your device such as the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number or the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, and the type of mobile browser you use
How we use your personal information
You should never be surprised by the way we use your personal information.
Personal information provided by you
· To create your account and enable you to access your account
· To enable you to book and pay for tickets through this website or the Tikk app
· To communicate with you regarding your bookings and any changes to our services
· To enable the Organiser to verify the age or identity of you and any other person(s) for whom you have booked a ticket(s)
· To provide you with information about other events you may be interested in
Information collected by us
· To enable you to access our website and the Tikk app securely
· To understand the types of devices being used to access our website and the Tikk app so that we can be sure we are investing time and effort in the right way
· To understand how our website and the Tikk app are used so that we can improve and optimise our services
· To get feedback from you on your experience of using our services
Payment card details
When you provide your payment details through our website or the Tikk app, you will be providing those details directly to Stripe and you will have an account with Stripe. We do not store your payment card details and do not have access to them.
Disclosure of your personal information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information:
· With the Organiser of the event for which you have booked a ticket(s) for the purpose of administering that event
· With our third party payment service, Stripe, for the purpose of processing payments and refunds
· In the case of any technical data and data about how you use our website and the Tikk app, with analytics providers
· With any prospective seller or buyer of Tikk’s business or assets under strict confidentiality obligations
· With any buyer of Tikk’s business or assets
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligations, or in order to apply the Tikk Consumer Terms & Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of any other person.
How your personal information is processed and stored
We use servers based in London which are managed by Amazon Web Services (AWS) in order to provide our services. Except as may be required by law or any court order, AWS will not disclose, move, access or use any personal information relating to you unless we tell them to do so.
How long your personal information is kept for
Unless you delete your account earlier, we will keep your personal information on our servers for two years from the date when you first register to use our services. If you have not used our service for two years, we will contact you about taking steps to close your account and once your account has been closed, we will delete all personal information that we hold about you.
Security of your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored by AWS on secure servers which have been validated against ISO 27018 by an independent third party assessor. You can read more about AWS’s security and data privacy practices on its website.
All payment transactions with Stripe will be encrypted using TLS (SSL) technology, with all card numbers encrypted on disk with AES-256 and decryption keys stored on separate machines. You can ready more about Stripe’s security practices on its website.
Despite all of these measures, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to:
· Ask us not process any personal information about you for marketing purposes by not ticking certain boxes when providing your information to us, unsubscribing from our emails, changing your email marketing preferences or contacting us directly
· Ask us to correct or delete any personal information about you which is incorrect
· Access the personal information held about you in accordance with data protection law
· Complain about how we have processed your personal information to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office
We use small text files called cookies which are stored on your device and used to distinguish you from other users of our website and the Tikk app. Cookies are necessary for security purposes and for providing us with analytical information that we can use to improve and optimise our website and the Tikk app.
You can find out more about cookies and how to manage and delete them at All About Cookies (a third party website over which we have no control).
The cookies that our website and the Tikk app uses are as follows:
Cookie Name, Duration, Description & Further Information
_utma (2years), _utmb (30 minutes), _utmc (Session Only), _utmt (10 minutes), _utmz (6 months)
These cookies are used by the Google Analytics service to identify you as a unique user, how you came to visit our website, which pages or windows you visited and how long you spent on each page.
crumb (session only)
This cookie creates a unique session for your visit and is deleted automatically when you close the relevant page or window.
ss_cid (2 years), ss_cpvisit (2 years), ss_cvisit (30 minutes), ss_cvr (2 years), ss_cvt (30 minutes)